Twitter icon
Flickr icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon

Honorable Tim Walz

Representing the 1st District of MINNESOTA

Agency Help

One of the most important services that my office provides to southern Minnesotans is assistance resolving issues with federal agencies. If you’re unable to get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Determining if my office can help you is as easy as 1, 2, 3.

Step One: Determine if I can help you:

What I can do to help:

I can assist you if you are having problems with a federal agency and live in Minnesota’s First Congressional District. For example, I can help with the Social Security Administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs, Immigration and Naturalization Service, and Medicare just to name a few.

What I cannot do to help:

Unfortunately, I cannot help if your problem is with a state or local agency. Furthermore, my office cannot provide legal advice or intervene in a legal dispute.

Step Two: Gather all relevant materials:

You may be asked to provide my staff with any supporting documentation you have pertaining to your case, please gather all the relevant information and have it ready in case it is needed.

Step Three: Fill out this brief form or contact my office:

Please contact my Mankato office if you are having trouble with:

  • Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Department of Homeland Security (Immigration)
  • Federal Emergency Management Agency

Please contact my Rochester office if you are having trouble with:

  • Social Security
  • Medicare
  • Internal Revenue Service