Twitter icon
Flickr icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon

Honorable Tim Walz

Representing the 1st District of MINNESOTA

Government Resources

Federal government offices in or around the 1st district

Other Government Information

Some Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

Social Security and Medicare

My office can help you with determining Social Security benefits, as well as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicare eligibility.

Veterans Benefits

My office can assist you with receiving benefits, eligibility determination, and replacement of medals earned.

  • Would you like to apply for veterans benefits? Use VONAPP to apply online.
  • Would you like to appeal a decision? Find out how at the Board of Veterans Appeals.

» More Information for Veterans

Housing Issues

The federal government provides three main forms of housing assistance:

  • Assistance for homeowners/homebuyers
  • Direct assistance for low-income renters
  • Grants to states and localities to help provide affordable housing

For information about all federal housing programs, visit the Department of Housing and Urban Development or Federal Housing Administration.

Where can I find housing counseling agencies?

You can find low-cost or free HUD-approved counseling on rental assistance, foreclosure prevention, debt management, buying a home, etc. here.

I am facing foreclosure on my home because of predatory lending. Where can I get assistance?

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has approved agencies throughout Minnesota to provide housing and financial counseling to individuals and families. You can find a list of HUD-approved foreclosure counseling agencies here.