Twitter icon
Flickr icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon

Honorable Tim Walz

Representing the 1st District of MINNESOTA

Internal Revenue Service

For general information about how to resolve tax issues, you can visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website by clicking here. Most tax issues can be resolved by contacting an IRS field office or the Taxpayer Advocate Service. You can locate the IRS field office nearest to you by clicking here.

If you feel that the IRS has not responded to your concerns, then you can contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service. The Taxpayer Advocate operates independently within the IRS, reports directly to Congress and is able to help with most tax problems. It was designed to ensure that taxpayers understand their rights and have experts prepared to guide and assist them when they encounter confusing or difficult tax problems. The Taxpayer Advocate will also use what they learn from your case to develop tax policy improvement recommendations that they deliver to Congress every year.

You can reach the Saint Paul Taxpayer Advocate office at 651-312-7999, or by filling out IRS Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance and sending it to:

IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service
Wells Fargo Place
30 E. 7th Street
Suite 817, Stop 1005 STP
St. Paul, MN 55101

If you are unable to reach a resolution after contacting the IRS and Taxpayer Advocate, please contact my Rochester district office to speak with one of my constituent advocates.